Monday, March 15, 2010

Layoutpalooza



As I get less and less confident in my grasp on storytelling, I compensate by making COLORFUL LAYOUTS.

The idea is to give everyone who passes through the Mac labs the idea that I must be making a good film because I'm using so many CoLoRs, and then to disappoint them majestically at the open show when they find out that actually the film as a whole is completely incoherent.

My boss made fun of me, saying that I must not have spent enough time on story if I have so much time to color my film (which I....don't, really). This is actually the opposite of true. I had a much firmer grasp of what the story was when it was simple than when I tried to screw around with it all first semester and ended up with something confusing and overly complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment